Crisp puff pastry full of cream cheese and cherry pie filling. Straightforward and scrumptious!!Should you’re cooking for a crowd, that is THE dessert to make! Ten minutes to place collectively, then 15 minutes within the oven. Serve them heat from the oven (the very best strategy to serve them in my view), or make forward and serve them chilly. Heat or chilly, each single one will go.
Slightly trick for getting the pastry to rise across the cheesecake and cherry pie combination is to attain a line all the best way across the pastry, about 1cm from the sting. The load of the filling will hold the centre of the pastry fairly flat, while the perimeters rise and puff up throughout.
I like to sprinkle mine with coarse sugar to present the pastry a beautiful crunch while you chew into it.
Serve for dessert, brunch, and even as picnic or celebration meals.
The finest strategy to serve them although, is sat in entrance of the TV, with movie on, simply after the youngsters have gone to mattress.
Hey us dad and mom deserve a deal with too!!
Right here’s what you’ll want:
Makes 10 pastries
- 11ozpuff pastry sheet
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Three tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- half of a 21ozcan of cherry pie filling
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp demerara/coarse sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 400f. Place the cream cheese, vanilla extract, lemon juice and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl. Combine collectively till clean and put to at least one aspect.
2. Lower the pastry sheet into 10 squares and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone liner. Rating a line across the edges of the pastry – about 1 cm from the sting. Watch out to not lower via the pastry. Use a fork to make a couple of small holes within the centre of every piece of pastry. Place a heaped teaspoon of the cream cheese combination within the centre of every pastry, and clean it to the sting of the place you’ve scored – utilizing the again of a spoon. High every pastry with 1 tablespoon of cherry pie filling. Whisk the egg in a small bowl and brush the perimeters of the pastries with the egg. Sprinkle the perimeters of the pastries with the demerara sugar. Place within the oven for 12-15 minutes till golden brown.
3. Take out of the oven, depart to chill for a couple of minutes, then high with lemon zest. Serve heat, or depart to chill. As soon as cool, cowl and chill for as much as a day.