A pick-and-mix fajita sharing platter that the entire household will love! Fajitas are a fast and simple meal for the household – and an effective way to get just a few veggies in (although it feels extra like quick meals!).
I really like serving fajitas on this method – prepare dinner all the things up after which throw it on one enormous platter. Everybody can dig in and assist themselves.
Not solely nice for normal mealtimes, but additionally for events, gameday, and any time you could feed a crowd.
Though not very important, a forged iron griddle is admittedly helpful for this recipe – use it for grilling the flatbreads, rooster, peppers and onions to provide a barely smoky-charred taste.
Serve with loads of salsa, bitter cream and cheese for a dinner that everybody will LOVE!
Right here’s what you’ll want:
Serves Four hungry folks
- Eight small flour tortillas
- Three rooster breasts, sliced into strips
- Three tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 1 crimson bell pepper
- 1 inexperienced bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 avocado
- Giant bunch contemporary cilantro
- half cup bitter cream
- 1 cup salsa
- half cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to it’s lowest temperate and place a big baking tray in there to heat. Then minimize the peppers and onion into slices. Peel, de-stone and minimize the avocado into slices.
2. Place the rooster on a plate, pour on 2 tbsp of the oil and sprinkle on the fajita seasoning. Combine collectively till totally mixed.
3. Warmth a cast-iron griddle plate to a excessive warmth, when scorching, place the tortillas on the griddle – turning as soon as till you will have griddle strains on the tortillas. It ought to solely take a minute or two, however you’ll in all probability want to do that in 2 or Three batches. Place on a plate and canopy with some foil to maintain heat.
4. Brush the griddle with the remaining 1 tbsp of oil. Place the sliced peppers and onions on the griddle and fry till barely charred and softened (about 8-10 minutes), turning a few times throughout cooking. Take away and place on the warmed baking tray (take the tray out of the oven now so it’s not too scorching to serve).
5. Place the rooster on the recent griddle and prepare dinner till charred and now not pink within the center (about 5-6 minutes). Flip over as soon as throughout cooking.
6. Take the tray with the greens out of the oven. Place the rooster on the tray together with the warmed tortillas, avocado slices and cilantro. Serve with the bitter cream, salsa and shredded cheese.