A easy Chinese language-style noodle stir fry – cherished by youngsters and adults alike! Among the best issues about making chow mein at house is that you may modify it to your individual tastes. Prefer it spicy? Throw in some sliced chillies or sriracha. Don’t like hen? Add in some cooked shrimp on the finish. Attempting to get additional veg into the children? Add some peas and broccoli in there too. This meal is really easy and versatile, something goes!
I additionally prefer to skip the hen typically and serve the chow mein as a aspect dish – together with baked salmon or perhaps a fried egg.
You can also make it forward too, and reheat later within the wok – which makes it a terrific addition in the event you’re cooking a number of dishes (mmmm how a couple of Chinese language banquet!)
What would you embody in your Chow Mein? We’d like to know – tweet us @diyscom!
Right here’s what you’ll want:
- 1 x 10-ounce pack of dried egg noodles
- Three tbsp vegetable oil
- Three hen breasts, chopped into chunk measurement chunks
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 massive carrot, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 massive pink pepper, seeded and sliced
- 10 scallions, reduce into 2” lengths
- Four tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp kecap manis (candy soy sauce)
- ¼ tsp white pepper
1. Cook dinner the noodles in a pan of boiling water for 4-5 minutes (till simply cooked by). Drain and rinse in chilly water. Put to 1 aspect. In the meantime, warmth the oil in a wok. Add the hen and cook dinner for 5-6 minutes till simply cooked.
2. Add the onion and cook dinner for an extra 2 minutes to barely soften.
3. Add the garlic, carrots, pink pepper, and scallions. Stir and cook dinner for 1 minute, then add within the noodles, oyster sauce, soy sauce, kecap manis and white pepper.
3. Fry on a excessive warmth, tossing every little thing collectively till warmed by.
4. Serve topped with chopped scallions